Our Church History
The Arabic Evangelical Baptist Church, now located at 3200 5eme Rue,Laval (H7V 1M2), was established over 30 years ago. The church has grown since its inception and has reached thousands of people with the Gospel, especially among the Arabic-speaking community.
Our church members come from more than 12 different nationalities and from all sorts of religious and denominational backgrounds. We are simply:
- Sinners like all other humans (Romans 3:9-17),
- We realized that we were under eternal damnation as a wage for our sins (Romans 3:18-20),
- We believed and put all our trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and in His redemption on the cross (Ephesians 2:8-9),
- Got baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19-20), and
- Are committed to worshiping, honoring, obeying, following and serving God; according to His instructions in the one and only inspired and inerrant Word, the Holy Bible (2nd Timothy 3:16).
In accordance with biblical instructions, teachings and patterns, there are three main goals that we strive to fulfill in our church:
- To worship and glorify our one and only True God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 2:41).
- To build up disciples (believers, followers of Christ) whom we serve, to equip them and help them grow spiritually and morally, and to prepare them to serve God (Ephesians 4:11-16).
- To spread the Gospel of Christ among the Arabic community and subsequently to all nations (Matthew 28:19-20 and Acts 1:8).
A Word from the Pastor…
“And on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” (Matthew 16:18)
وعلى هذه الصخرة ابني كنيستي وابواب الجحيم لن تقوى عليها
In a constantly changing, sinful, terrorized, confused, skeptical and dying world, people may feel that their very foundations are shaken and that truth has been lost. Our church is here to proclaim to everybody, in the face of this mess that, NO, the truth is not lost and Satan is a liar. The truth is always available for those who seek it. The truth is: (1) The Lord Jesus Christ and (2) His Holy Word. Both are described as “the truth” in the Holy Bible, in John 14:6 and John 17:17.
Our Lord Jesus Christ has risen from the dead and is alive. Many great kings, thinkers, saints and prophets died but Jesus is alive; He rose from the dead on the third day and conquered death and the grave. He has promised to build His church on the rock – which is His person – and that nobody will be able to overpower or defeat Him.
We sincerely believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is still the answer for all humanity. He is the only Savior. He shed His precious blood on the cross in order to save those who are lost – you and me. This is our message for you, and that’s why we urge you in His Name, to come to know Him as your personal Savior and Lord, and to experience His wonderful love and mercy.
After a person believes in Jesus Christ and is saved from his sins, he needs to join a Bible-believing church to grow spiritually. Our church has carefully planned its different activities and services to meet the needs of its people and friends. Our church offers you a very hospitable, friendly and welcoming atmosphere, which will let you quickl, feel like a part of the family.
In addition to our emphasis on your spiritual needs, we also recognize the special needs of different groups like families, couples, ladies, youth, children, etc. Therefore we have special meetings and activities that cater to each age group to meet their particular needs.
Our message is one of true peace, from the Prince of Peace our Lord Jesus Christ, who offers peace between man and God, and between man and his brethren.
We love you in His name and invite you to attend our services and worship with us.
We encourage our visitors and friends to contact us, by visiting one of our services, or by phone or email, and we will gladly answer your questions.
Our Lord Jesus said: “For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them.” (Luke 9:56)
Rev. Nicolas Yasmine
If you would like to contact the Pastor, please click here.