Our Church History
The Arabic Evangelical Baptist Church, now located at 3200 5eme Rue,Laval (H7V 1M2), was established over 30 years ago. The church has grown since its inception and has reached thousands of people with the Gospel, especially among the Arabic-speaking community.
Our church members come from more than 12 different nationalities and from all sorts of religious and denominational backgrounds. We are simply:
- Sinners like all other humans (Romans 3:9-17),
- We realized that we were under eternal damnation as a wage for our sins (Romans 3:18-20),
- We believed and put all our trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and in His redemption on the cross (Ephesians 2:8-9),
- Got baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19-20), and
- Are committed to worshiping, honoring, obeying, following and serving God; according to His instructions in the one and only inspired and inerrant Word, the Holy Bible (2nd Timothy 3:16).
In accordance with biblical instructions, teachings and patterns, there are three main goals that we strive to fulfill in our church:
- To worship and glorify our one and only True God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 2:41).
- To build up disciples (believers, followers of Christ) whom we serve, to equip them and help them grow spiritually and morally, and to prepare them to serve God (Ephesians 4:11-16).
- To spread the Gospel of Christ among the Arabic community and subsequently to all nations (Matthew 28:19-20 and Acts 1:8).